Saturday, December 20, 2008

Brooklyn's sleeping dilemma

New day, new leaf. I am going to try to get back on the weight watchers program and lose the rest of the weight that I wanted to lose, plus the 10 pounds that I put back on since June. I decided the best way to fit the gym into my life is to go on the weekdays at 5 am. That way I can get back home before Jon leaves for work and before the kids are awake. I did it for the first time on Friday and it felt great! It just got my day off on the right foot and I wasn't stressing about it for the rest of the day.

Brooklyn is getting closer and closer to walking. I feel like if she just got up the courage to let go of the couch or my hands she would just go. But she's too scared so we're slowly letting her take her time.

We also decided it was time for Brooklyn to start sleeping through the night. We had a hard time with this because she won't take a binkie I always felt bad making her just sit in there and scream with no way of comforting herself. But I was losing more sleep than I ever wanted to...especially where she is over a year old now...so we just put earplugs in and let her scream it out for a few nights. Last night was the first night I slept without them in and she didn't wake up until 6:00 this morning. That is a huge improvement compared to where she was a week ago...so I'm hoping maybe a couple more nights on her own and then we might make the transition to Brad's room when she is completely sleeping through the night.

No comments: